Sunday, April 30, 2017

Shupp's Grove opening weekend 2017

April marks the start of flea market season where I live, and this year it couldn't come soon enough! As the winter fades away, it's time to get outside and shop... Starting with Shupp's Grove outdoor flea market in Adamstown PA. If you've never been, you're in for a treat; this is my favorite outdoor market for everything you'd ever want to upcycle!


This year I came to shop, for real... so I brought my Mom along,  and it was only about 5 minutes before we had our hands full and were heading back to the car to unload ;D

There was no shortage of furniture(and parts), vintage dishes, signs, toys, farm tools, and old wood (fences, spindles, you name it!). Perfect for anyone looking to restore, recycle, or reinvent... See why I love this place! And they love to negotiate, on everything. See something you like, just make an offer; and on this day, I didn't even have to make an offer... I just walked up, and the dealers threw out their best offers! Really, these offers were so good I didn't even have to think twice.











So what did I take home? Usually I look for specific items, but being the first trip of the season, I was open to whatever looked good. The first thing I saw was this adorable child's wooden rocker. The frame was great, but the seat was made of a fabric that had to be at least 70 years old (and 70 years of grime included). I knew right away I had to have it! I also grabbed a few cute ceramic planters, a doll bed, metal basket, and a few other odds and ends... time to get to work ;D




OK, that's all for now; on to the next project! Want to know what it is? Follow me on twitter for sneak peeks and updates! If you're just looking for DIY inspiration, stayed tuned @ dawntoussaint.com for more on my DIY projects through the year! And if you're looking to get some of the items you've seen here on my blog, on twitter, or on my boards, just head over to my etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment